157 Commercial Street
Date of Last Visit: Monday, December 14th, 2009
The Victims: Stacey, Feathers, Jen
The Damage: About £18 each. We each had a burger. And we split some creamed spinach. Some people had Cokes. I stuck with water.
The Background: In many ways, this is a lazy post. See, I haven't done anything with my blog since December 22nd. That's a whole 12 days without bloging. You know that doesn't happen here very often. But I needed a break over the holidays, and on this, my last day of vacation, I don't really feel like blogging up a storm.
This is also quite a lazy post because if you really want to know about the Hawksmoor burger, you can just read Dan's post. Really, there's not much more for me to say…
1. Stacey has left us. She and Canadia Boy now reside in Washington D.C. This makes me sad because besides for being fabulous company, Stace and CB fed me many a weekend. I will miss their guacamole.
2. The Hawksmoor burger was Stacey's last London meal request. And it is a very fine burger; I can see why she requested it. Might have been better with American cheese though. Sorry, I do have a fondness for that orange stuff.
3. The Hawksmoor burger costs £15. Ouch.
4. They forgot to bring our creamed spinach. (I always get nervous when waitstaff don't write anything down. More than 50% of the time, I am right to be nervous.)
5. I am sad I never did the burger during that period when Hawksmoor was offering special deals to bloggers. Why have I waited this long?
The Verdict: If you are not American, you should go to Hawksmoor and have the burger. If you are American, you should give the burger a shot, but you might find that you have had burgers of equal or greater quality in the U.S. There's nothing wrong with that. Personally, I think it's the cheese. Give me my Kraft singles!